Hello, my name is Carrie Waldron-Brown--or "Mrs. W-B."
I am a highly educated English teacher offering inspiring (and award-winning!) tutoring to students (3rd grade and beyond) on the Main Line.
- I hold a Master of Arts in
English Literature from Middlebury College via Oxford University (Lincoln College), and a Bachelor of Arts manga cum laude in English from Barnard College/Columbia University.
- My success with students stems from
my academic enthusiasm, inspirational techniques, and ability to explain and lead students toward clarity and confidence.
- As a seasoned English teacher, working with students to improve their writing has been a life-long joy and mission:
I have methods and theories on how to help empower students to become better and independent writers at any stage of the writing process and in any subject.
- I help students with all manner of needs and across all subjects,
from requiring academic and executive functioning support to gifted enrichment.
- I am proud to have won SIX years in a row Best Tutoring Program LOVE and FAMILY FAVORITE Awards, 2021-2016, from Main
Line Parent Magazine.
- I am a COLLEGE ESSAY MATCHLIGHTER through the esteemed The College Essay Guy business working with highly gifted and economically disadvantaged students to achieve a stellar
personal statement and college application.
- I live and work in Devon, PA, about a mile from the center of Wayne.
- I have all current and required Pennsylvania and federal teacher clearances.
me with any questions: 610-420-4414 or CarrieWaBro@gmail.com